Roasted chicken breasts with potatoes
A classic dish full of flavor.
- Prep Time:15 mins
- Cook Time:90 mins
Nutrition per portion
- Calories 476
- Fat 19 g
- Saturates 3 g
- Protein 50 g
- Carbs 34 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Salt 1248 g
- Fibre 3 g
- 2 chicken breast halves (1.3 lbs), boneless and skinless
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Remove fat from chicken (if any) and then place breast halves in a roasting pan (14 in by 10 inch is a good size).
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Rinse them in the sink. Then place in roasting pan surrounding the chicken breast halves.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add water to pan bottom.
- Pour olive oil over the chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle half the salt, pepper, and oregano over the chicken and potatoes.
- Turn potatoes and chicken around so that their other side is revealed. Sprinkle the final half of salt, pepper, and oregano. Place in the oven.
- After the first 45 min, check the food sporadically. Add extra water if the food is running out of it and the food is not yet ready. Otherwise, the food will “stick” to the bottom and the chicken will be dry.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until chicken is no longer pink but browned and tender. You’ll need to check the food after the first hour - if the chicken is brown, turn it around so that the other side gets to go brown too.
- Allow chicken to cool for 10 minutes before serving.