Roasted chicken drumsticks with mixed veggies & broccoli
No peeling or cutting needed. Can it get easier than that? I doubt it.
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:90 mins
Nutrition per portion
- Calories 468
- Fat 29 g
- Saturates 6 g
- Protein 37 g
- Carbs 15 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Salt 1603 mg
- Fibre 4 g
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ lb frozen broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt for chicken and mixed veggies
- 3 tsp dried oregano for chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp black pepper for chicken and mixed veggies
- ½ tsp salt for broccoli
- sprinkle of black pepper for broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pull skin down and then remove fat from chicken (if any). Place drumsticks in a roasting pan (14 in by 10 inch is a good size).
- Place mixed veggies in the roasting pan around the chicken drumsticks.
- Add water to pan bottom.
- Pour olive oil over the chicken and vegetable.
- Sprinkle half the salt and pepper over the chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle half the oregano over the chicken drumsticks.
- Flip the drumsticks and sprinkle them with remaining salt, pepper and oregano
- Mix veggies using your hands so that seasoning will be evenly spread. Then spread around the chicken drumsticks leaving a corner of the pan empty to make space for the broccoli. Place in the oven.
- Place the pan into the oven.
- After 45 min, flip the drumstick to bake them evenly. Add the frozen broccoli and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue baking for another 45 mins or until chicken is golden brown.
- If at any point while backing the bottom of the pan is completely dry but the food is not cooked yet, then add a little bit of water (usually less than ½ a cup.)
- Remove from oven. Allow chicken to cool for 10 minutes before serving.