Roasted cod fillets with mixed veggies in olive oil & lemon sauce
Meet the traditional Greek olive oil & lemon dip - an excellent match for almost any fish.
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:65 mins
Nutrition per portion
- Calories 489
- Fat 36 g
- Saturates 4 g
- Protein 18 g
- Carbs 27 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Salt 1752 mg
- Fibre 4 g
- 4 cod fillets (16 oz)
- 1½ lb mixed veggies, frozen
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- (optional) 2 tbsp of caper
- (optional) 1 glove garlic, minced
- 0.33 cup olive oil for olive oil and lemon sauce
- 0.5 cup lemon juice, for olive oil and lemon sauce
- Defrost cod fillets, if frozen.
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Place cod fillets in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Place mixed veggies in a different roasting pan than the one that includes the fillets. This way the veggies are not going to get a cod flavor.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cod fillets.
- Pour the remaining olive olive oil over the mixed veggies.
- (Optional) Add the garlic underneath the mixed veggies. (Note: if the garlic is on top it’ll burn when roasted and release a bad smell. Keep it tucked in below the veggies.)
- Sprinkle half salt and pepper over the fillets and mixed veggies.
- Flip the fillets and sprinkle them with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Add water to the veggies’ pan bottom. Pour it slowly in a corner of the pan so that it doesn’t rinse the seasoning off the veggies.
- Place the veggies’ pan in the oven. Store the cod pan in the fridge.
- Chop parsley and store in a bowl in the fridge.
- 40 minutes later take the cod pan out of the fridge and place in the oven next to the veggies’ pan.
- Continue baking each pan for another 25 min or until veggies and cod are tender.
- If at any point while backing the bottom of the veggies pan is completely dry but the potatoes are not done yet, then add a little bit of water (usually less than ½ a cup.)
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil and the lemon juice. Stir to create a unified sauce.
- Remove food from oven. Allow veggies to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- With a tablespoon add olive oil and lemon sauce over the fish.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley, capers (optional) over the fish. Bon appetit!