Roasted salmon with carrots and green beans
Fill up on omega-3s while getting your daily veggie dose.
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:65 mins
Nutrition per portion
- Calories 533
- Fat 36 g
- Saturates 7 g
- Protein 36 g
- Carbs 14g
- Sugars 7 g
- Salt 1455 mg
- Fibre 5 g
- 4 salmon fillets (24 oz)
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- ½ lb green beans
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- (optional) 1 glove garlic, minced
- Defrost salmon fillets, if frozen.
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Place salmon fillets in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Then place carrots in a different roasting pan than the one that includes the fillets. This way the veggies are not going to get a salmon flavor.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the salmon fillets.
- Pour the remaining olive olive oil over the carrots and green beans.
- (Optional) Add the garlic underneath the carrots or beans. (Note: if the garlic is on top it’ll burn when roasted and release a bad smell. Keep it tucked in below the carrots.)
- Sprinkle half salt and pepper over the fillets and veggies.
- Flip the fillets and sprinkle them with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Add water to the veggies’ pan bottom. Pour it slowly in a corner of the pan so that it doesn’t rinse the seasoning off the carrots and green beans.
- Place the veggies pan in the oven. Store the salmon pan in the fridge.
- 30 minutes later take the salmon pan out of the fridge and place in the oven next to the veggies’ pan.
- 20 min flip the salmon if needed.
- Continue baking each pan for another 20 min or until veggies and salmon are tender.
- If at any point while backing the bottom of the veggies pan is completely dry but the potatoes are not done yet, then add a little bit of water (usually less than ½ a cup.)
- Remove from oven. Allow veggies to cool for 10 minutes before serving.